We Specialize in the treatment of the following pathologies, using Spinal Decompression:
- Herniated and Bulging Discs
- Degenerated Discs
- Pinched nerves and Sciatica
- Arthritis and Stenosis
- Joint/Facet pain
- Chronic Back and Neck pain- that hasn’t responded to conventional treatments such as medication, physical therapy, chiropractic, injections and surgery.
HOW we specialize in disc problems, pinched nerves and joint pain:
We treat these pathologies using a Specialized, New treatment technology called SPINEMED non-surgical spinal decompression (www.certhealthsciences.com). This new spinal “DECOMPRESSION” technology REVERSES disc problems, significantly, to reduce back and neck pain. It is the most significant, non-surgical treatment invention for common, chronic spinal pain EVER. We offer you the only SPINEMED non-surgical decompression table in the state of Georgia.
Why does Spinal Decompression treatment work after other treatments have failed?
Common, chronic back and neck pain are caused by COMPRESSION of discs, nerves and joints. IT’S THAT SIMPLE! Compression results in pain, inflammation and disability. Our Spinal Decompression treatment REVERSES compression- reversing the CAUSE of most difficult back and neck pain. It is UNLIKE ANY OTHER TREATMENT IN MEDICINE TODAY and it works unlike any other treatment. That is why, even after years of back or neck pain and treatments that haven’t worked, our treatment is usually effective. And that’s why our testimonials include patients who had pain for many years.
COMPRESSION is the CAUSE of common, chronic back and neck pain and MRI reports detail COMPRESSION problems, causing pain, such as:
Disc/anular tears, Disc bulges, Disc herniations, Disc protrusions, Disc extrusions, Ligament Hypertrophy, Joint Arthrosis, Joint Arthritis, Facet Degeneration, Lateral and Central Stenosis, Nerve Encroachment, Nerve Compression, Nerve Displacement and more.
SPINAL DECOMPRESSION of your spine REVERSES COMPRESSION and is the MOST DIRECT, LOGICAL and EFFECTIVE way to treat these problems. At Backstrong we safely, non-surgically and gently REVERSE THE COMPRESSION in your spine. The vast majority of patients experience significant relief or resolution of their pain from this treatment. It usually helps when other treatments have failed because it FINALLY TREATS THE CAUSE OF SUCH PAIN- COMPRESSION of your spine.
This is one example of a patient showing improvement of a disc herniation at L5-S1. The MRI scan, on the left, shows a large disc herniation BEFORE Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression treatment. To the right, is an MRI scan of the same patient AFTER Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression showing resolution of his disc herniation.
Improvements are not always this dramatic but it does occur.
What happens during the spinal decompression treatment procedure?
- The patient lies down, on their back, on the computerized, spinal decompression table and is comfortably secured to the table.
- The computerized table, then, slowly, comfortably and almost imperceptibly moves/separates- separating your vertebrae to exact specifications.
- Computer sensors in the table record the tension every 2 and 1/2 milliseconds- 400 times per second. If your muscles tighten, the table adjusts to keep your muscles relaxed so that they don’t resist the desired separation of the vertebrae and discs.
- This movement slowly separates your spinal bones/vertebrae to exact specifications.
- This increases the volume of the discs, and reduces pressure on the discs, joints and nerves.
- This lowers pressure in your discs and creates a vacuum within the discs.
- Water, oxygen and nutrients are absorbed by the disc to improve nutrition, normalize the pH and improve movement, enabling discs to start healing.
- Waste products diffuse out of the disc to improve the healing environment and increase pH.
- The vacuum in the discs reduces disc bulges and herniations to take pressure off of your nerves and improve or resolve arm and leg pain.
- Separating the vertebrae also takes compression off painful joints.
- Patients often fall asleep during the treatment. It is usually a comfortable process.
All of the common, “pain generators” in the spine benefit from this treatment. It is the best treatment, of any kind, to improve the physical and chemical status of your discs and it gives you a better spine. Your immediate problem improves and the future of your spine improves.
Spinal decompression treatment consists of a series of 30-minute treatment sessions (approximately 20- sometimes more or less) that usually improves or resolves your present back or neck pain and improves your discs and spine for your present pain and your future well-being.
Patient receiving Spinemed spinal decompression for the neck. Most patients fall asleep during back and neck treatment. The treatment is so gentle it’s almost imperceptible.
MRI IMPROVEMENTS FROM SPINAL DECOMPRESSION TREATMENT:
In a small study involving 20 patients who had MRI scans before and after spinal decompression treatment- to see how the discs improved from the treatment, here are some of the conclusions/points noted in this study:
- Herniated and degenerated discs, with intact annular “envelopes” have elevated pressure, made worse with sitting and standing, that prevents proper disc nutrition.
- Decompressing the over-pressurized disc should allow for healing and repair of herniated and degenerated discs and anular tears.
- MRI scans done after treatment showed more than 90% reduction of subligamentous herniations in 10 of the 14 patients with such herniations.
- Transligamentous herniations show lesser repair.
- Torn annulus repair was seen in all patients.
- Some rehydration occurs detected by T2 and proton density signal increase.
- During treatment a 7mm separation of L5 from S1 was demonstrated.
- Discs with annular tears, that permit leakage, can have lower pressure than normal.
- Discs with higher pressure don’t get proper nutritional diffusion of nutrients and so the annular fibers can’t heal.
- Discs with lower pressure may not retain proper nutrients which may leak out and compromise repair of the disc.
- Restoring annular integrity is important to improving disc function, chemical status, including pH, and improving pain.
- Spinal decompression treatment lowers pressure within the disc to create a vacuum.
- Disc herniations were reduced significantly in 10 of 14 patients (70%). 6 reduced 50-100%; 4 reduced 25-50%.
- Larger herniations reduced more than smaller herniations.
- 17 of 20 patients had significant reduction of pain and complete relief of weakness if present and immobility.
- The clinical improvement followed the MRI findings.
- 85% of patients improved clinically and, at one year follow-up, one had a recurrence.
- This type of treatment should be considered a promising alternative to surgery.